MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shoutbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so im with MYBBnew so i dont have any FTP Access and other webmaster access. I have been searching all over google for a while and not found naything so i decided to come here. Is there anyway i can get a shoutbox on my Mybb forum thats free and allows my users to be auto registered to it by using their mybb forum name/password? I know that you have Mods such as the Ajax shoutbox but MYBBnew does not allow a shoutbox installation as if everyone decided to use the shoutbox the lagg would be unbearable. So it there any type of shoutbox or is their anyway i could have one coded?
You'll need a one that works with MyBB, most of the people only code plugins for MyBB anyways, so you'll have to use a script or something, but there isn't really any good ones, you can try shoutpro.com, i don't know how good it is, but i think some people said it was good.
I want one that won't cause impersination issues. So it has to have no area where a person can type in any name they want. So basically my registered users must auto have an account created with it.
Might I suggest finding a free host, such as x10, and installing MyBB yourself? That way you can add any plugin you desire without being told no.