MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post Infractions/Warnings and other features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Psh, come on Matt, you know the world revolves around me!
inb4: ban, also: sarcasm
Now, may I ask, why wouldn't you want to send a PM?
We give a 0 point warning to people who don't have copyright, for internal tracking, we'd have told them about it in the thread they made that bought it to our attention, they don't need to be told again in a PM. Sometimes people have been told what they did was wrong in a thread, flaming, spamming, necropoting, cross posting etc etc, and don't really need to be told the same thing again. Other forums may use the warning system in totally different ways and may not needs PMs to ever be sent out.

It doesn't hurt to have the option not to send one for people who don't want to send one. I'm not saying it's a bad idea to always send a PM, I have no problem understanding why you choose to do it, I send a PM more often than not, I just don't think the option not to send one should be removed.
Confused People become lazier day to day, so much they can't be assed to tick a box and make a PM explaining the user why they got warned.

I personally don't send many warning PM so this would be a hassle and annoying for me, I'm sure many other people don't send warning PM's, so the 'automatic' suggestion might be a bit, it's nice to have options.
Quote:I see your point, however I feel it's a better practice if you are required to send a PM and make it known to the user, rather than not, and also so you can avoid any misunderstandings.

Very easy to do as a plugin.
It was said that there's a check box for sending a PM on warning, and there are some that want to automatically send PMs on warning. What about adding an AdminCP option that states whether or not this box is automatically checked? That way, it can still be unchecked by default on boards that want that, or it can be unchecked in cases where the PM isn't needed on boards with the "send PM by default" feature enabled. Everyone is happy, and it's only one more setting and some extra conditionals in the warn page code.
What I'm really looking for is that area being used to send a comment, like Vbulletin's. In this case, you could choose to send the PM, or not, however the text you entered is just quoted in a PM containing links to the post, details, etc. rather than doing it manually.
Pages: 1 2