MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Censors running amuck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After updating from PR2 to 1.0.1 I noticed two of my main categories slightly askew from the rest of the index page.

So upon further investigation I happened to brain crash into my forum's Data Core archives when I noticed:

P<b>[Censored]</b>word Retreival...

On the right for the last post. That brought me to the admin panel to look at the bad word manager, upon looking at the manager the f*ck censor and the "naughty" bit that is in password indicate the censor system has gone whackadinghoy from the previous versions.

When the word "back" appeared the censor would display B<b>[Censored]</b> and throw off another category.

Makes for a slightly wonky looking board if common words are censored left and right. ^^'
I wouldnt consider this a bug, because the code is correct, but I'll try and see if I can profide some code to change this to match only full words, not partial.
Alright, i'm up for suggestions here:

1. Strip all HTML when showing censored words on places like last posts, so strip "<b>test</b>" back to "test".

or

2. Parse HTML from censored words but not the thread subjects.

Chris
I say #1

btw, your avatar is missing chris xD
Moved to suggestions forum.