MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: newsletter plugin wanted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi i need a newsletter plugin, anyone know of one so I can mail users a newsletter they can opt into on sign up ? would send them the best threads of the week etc.
use mass mail.
Mass mail works for AdminCP but a newsletter works for their selection so they can opt into on sign up ? Wink
You can just uncheck the box for receiving emails from admins if you want to opt out.
As said above, mass mail.

Just tell your users ahead of time that if they don't want to opt in, they can just untick the 'Receive Emails From Administrator' box.
I would use this, but It means i have to manually write the message, I wuld do it htouhg if by default at the end of each mass mail it told the user how to unsubscribe!
(2009-10-11, 11:57 AM)kenten Wrote: [ -> ]It means i have to manually write the message

Heaven forbid... Undecided

(2009-10-11, 11:57 AM)kenten Wrote: [ -> ]I wuld do it htouhg if by default at the end of each mass mail it told the user how to unsubscribe!

Simple. You type this:

"To unsubscribe from these emails, go to your User CP, Edit Options, and untick the 'Receive emails from the Administrators.' setting".

You can't always have every single thing done automatically...
Yes but by law that is required anyway and should be by default.
(2009-10-11, 05:36 PM)kenten Wrote: [ -> ]Yes but by law that is required anyway and should be by default.

Use the Plugin Default Profile by DenisTT.