MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading from 1.2.9 to 1.4.9 hangs at a certain stage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to upgrade this MyBB 1.2.9 forum to latest version (1.4.9) but I can't because it hangs at the stage that says: privatemessages: Converting column type

Any advice?

PS: I thought of upgrading to a version between the two (e.g. 1.2.12), then reupdating to 1.4.9. However, I don't know how to downloaded a different version of MyBB (the site only allows downloading the latest version).
Download the full MyBB 1.4.9, upload all the MyBB 1.4.9 files over your 1.2.9 files and run the upgrade script, selecting the appropriate MyBB version on the dropdown box. (make sure you backup the database before you upgrade!)
That's exactly what I did! However, it hangs in the stage I told you!

I downloaded 1.2.12 and I upgraded MyBB to that version successfully. However, it told me that there are one active plugins. (I deactivated all plugins before initiating upgrade, so I wonder why there is one hidden active plugin).

PS: I can't update to any version in 1.4.x family. It always hangs at the specific step.
I think this is a "bug" in the upgrade.php file. See:
				if($table == $final_table)
				{
					// Finished, after all this!
					$next_act = "12_dbchanges1";
				}
				else
				{
					$tbl_keys = array_keys($to_int);
					$current = array_search($current_table, $tbl_keys);
					$form_fields['last_table'] = $current_table = $tbl_keys[$current+1];
					$form_fields['start'] = $start = 0;
					$form_fields['count'] = $count = $mybb->input['count'] = 0;
				}

It means "if finished, go to next step; otherwise ... there is no step! Hang!"
You're not the only person to have this but if you upgrade to 1.2.14 first and then to 1.4.9 it usually works. Bit of a pain but it should at least get you up to 1.4.9.
Okay, I upgraded to 1.2.14 successfully. However, when I try to update to 1.4.x from there, it hangs there again. What can I do? There should be a way to solve this ....
What's your MySQL version??
It is 5.0.51b

Thank you for follow up Smile

PS: Let me add that, I disabled all plugins but some of them have created tables inside the database; so the upgrade script probably sees more tables than usual. Could that be a problem?
UPDATE:

I had to go through the upgrade process line by line to see what was going on. Up to now, I have found one error: One of the database fields which had to contain 0 or 1, had the value 's' in two rows. The upgrade script tried to update the column to INT type, but failed.

While I'm still working on the script, please mention to me what can I do to "see" the mysql errors thrown during the upgrade process? (They are not shown right now)