MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where do I go to set an amount of posts someone has to have in order to post in a...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've seen permissions set on certain forums, that create a rule. The rule will give you an error if you try and post in that forum

"You must post 10 times before you have permission to create threads here"

something along those lines, how can this be done?

Thanks =)
Perhaps automatically move users into a usergroup 'allowed posters' when they reach 10 posts, and allow that usergroup to post in those forums, but not the basic usergroup. See if that works. Smile
(2009-10-11, 08:11 AM)Arianna Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps automatically move users into a usergroup 'allowed posters' when they reach 10 posts, and allow that usergroup to post in those forums, but not the basic usergroup. See if that works. Smile

I'm not sure how to set those permissions either. I cannot find anything that says you need this many posts to be moved or allowed to do anything. =/
It is a Mybb Integrated Feature called Group Promotions

You can first create a new group with a new permissions that they can post or view your desired forum section.
then go to ACP -> Users & Groups -> Group Promotions
and create a new group promotion depending on post counts for users, for example after a user raches X Posts, he will automatically transferred into the new group with the permissions you assigned.

I hope this help You.
(2009-10-11, 10:48 AM)Majesty Wrote: [ -> ]It is a Mybb Integrated Feature called Group Promotions

You can first create a new group with a new permissions that they can post or view your desired forum section.
then go to ACP -> Users & Groups -> Group Promotions
and create a new group promotion depending on post counts for users, for example after a user raches X Posts, he will automatically transferred into the new group with the permissions you assigned.

I hope this help You.

Hey, yea that does help. I can create the permission to stop people from viewing and/or posting (globally) though I can't single out a specific section to apply these rules. How can I do this?
It should work if you edit the permissions for the forum and only give new thread permissions to the usergroups who you want to be able to do it. G to ACP > Forums & Posts > **choose forum** > Options > set the 'Can post threads?' one to your liking.
You've made your group permissions, right? Now, make some user groups and set the posting permissions of them in the Forums & Posts section (eg. User group: Not Posted, Permissions: Introductions OR User group: 10 posts, Permissions: Normal forums, 10 post ruled forum)

Now, make it so that when they have made 10 posts, they upgrade into the new group via Group Promotion. (eg. Old User group: 5 posts user, Group promotion name: 10 posts, New user group: 10 posts).

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Aww, Matt beat me to it! Sad
Hey guys,

Thanks, that works great. Though now I have another small problem. Instead of getting a pop up that says "you need x posts to make a thread" it just gives me this:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)

How can I create the popup?

Thanks again!
There's a plugin that does this exact thing with one single click and a few settings to change. Look around on the mod page.
I remember a thread where someone wanted to change the looks of that page, and it was answered. Search around for something like "permission page change".

If you're looking for adding a reason of that page, try that.

If you want that individual pop-up, you could try asking Matt. I'm not good at PHP coding.

EDIT: I Googled it and found this. It may be what you want.