MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some help on these mybb subjects?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Thanks for a great forum software I just installed mybb on my web host. For years I been at the posting member end of these forum software's from Invision IP board to vbulletin to Phpbb. I've never moderated or been an admin before on my own forum so Im quite exicted already playing with all the master controls and stuff.

Anyways, I am unsure about these:

1. How do I customize the page title to add a suffix name (the forum's name) with a hyphen '-' after all topic titles (eg. how to fly planes? - Smelly Forums). http://i34.tinypic.com/25kppg7.jpg Additionally also, the possiblity of auto displaying the topic/thread id number would be nice.

2. How do I customize the default forum top banner (url and the picture) http://i35.tinypic.com/24gkbh4.jpg

3. The bbcode feature I desire which is Strikethough ( ), I found I can input this manually but this can be tedious for me and my prospective forum members. So how do I add this as a button in the main posting editor? http://i35.tinypic.com/4t60kl.jpg

4. How can I change the text size bbcode so that it's like Vbulletin's (1,2,3 sizes) instead of mybb's bbcode names?

Please forgive me on any 'noob-ness'
1. Threads already have the forum name in the title:

<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$thread['subject']}</title>

2. You change the image at ACP > Templates & Style > **choose theme** > Board Logo. To change the URL it goes to, you'll need to edit the header template.

3. Try this: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-12693.html

4. ./inc/languages/english/global.lang.php:

$l['editor_size_xx_small'] = "XX Small";
$l['editor_size_x_small'] = "X Small";
$l['editor_size_small'] = "Small";
$l['editor_size_medium'] = "Medium";
$l['editor_size_large'] = "Large";
$l['editor_size_x_large'] = "X Large";
$l['editor_size_xx_large'] = "XX Large";

Edit these appropriately.
Thanks for the replies

Thanks for 3. and 4.

I'm still stuck on 1. and 2. :
(2009-10-11, 07:24 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]1. Threads already have the forum name in the title:

<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$thread['subject']}</title>

2. You change the image at ACP > Templates & Style > **choose theme** > Board Logo. To change the URL it goes to, you'll need to edit the header template.

>>1. Where? I cannot see the forum name after my first thread on my new forum installation, in fact the non visibility of the forum name is just the same as this forum http://i35.tinypic.com/2dukmra.jpg , that code you gave where do I edit that?

>>2. OK I see the logo.gif in the themes folder of a theme, so I just replace that before uploading right?

5. Another thing, and you might have heard of this before, is it my MyBB version being the most recent (version 1.4.9) or is it that all the themes on the official download page all have incompatibility? I download, extract then upload a theme (some really awesome themes) but when I view the them on my new forum; images are out of place, some remnants o the default theme still showing etc... A little help on this one also please
1. Maybe I added that to my templates myself Toungue

If you go to ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand your templates set** > Show Thread Templates > showthread > replace the title tag with what I posted above and it'll show.

2. Yeah, if you upload a new image called logo.gif it'll just overwrite and display on the forum without needing to change anything else.

5. All themes made for 1.4 would work on 1.4.9... make sure you're uploading the images to the right place and the XML file imported properly. If we can have your URL we can check it out and see what's going on.
Thanks for 1. and 2.

5. I wanna keep the forum private at the moment. I will send you a PM with a link to my forum with a theme installed for you to see Smile

Thank you for your help I await your further support (at your own pace)
Matt,

I sent you a private message regarding help with the Theme (I want to keep my forum private). Did you receive the pm?
Yep, I haven't forgotten (haven't actually opened it yet so the new PM notification message stays on the page) I'll be taking a look when I get in from work Smile
OK, should be a simple fix. Go to ACP > Templates & Style > **click the theme name** > Scroll down a bit, there's a setting called 'Image Directory', currently the value of this is images, and it needs to be images/ipb

Change that and all should be well.
Thanks for that Matt.

And also guess what, All this time I was uploading the theme as normal from ACP; without reading the manual because I missed this:
Quote:1. Copy the contents of the 'MyIPB' folder (from the .ZIP file you downloaded) into the root of your forums directory.
So it is so that I had to do a separate upload of the actual 'ipb' theme folder through my FTP application but I thought that themes in there entirety upload all through ACP - anyways that one is solved Smile

And as for editing that page Title, I swapped it around a little from the code you posted with this:
<title>{$thread['subject']} - {$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
topic title - name of forum

This is the default MyBB title (just for my own remembrance):
<title>{$thread['subject']}</title>

You guys should really consider adding this Page Title display as the default so that it acknowledges the forums name as well as the subject. It's important for when internet users save pages or URL links for viewing in where only the thread title in the filename would be saved (currently not that good IMO).

Im going to read through that thread link you posted previously on how to add Strikethrough editing feature as an button.

I think Ive covered the initial sticky areas that needed sorted and I thank you ever so much Matt for your support and your time, the help granted to me without any sign of annoyance is just what I expected - you must be a credit to your work place. What do you do work as by the way?

Oh yes a plugin can do this - 6. How to add a 'mini' bbcode editor like what IPB, vbulletin has in both the "quick reply" and the "quick edit"? Im hoping that code modifying is not required and I can just turn on a hidden light switch within my MyBB ACP