MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release] Fake Admin CP 1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
>> Updated Plugin for MyBB 1.6 (and 1.4) <<
-------------

Fake Admin CP creates a fake admin page that will give visitors attempting to login an endless 'Wrong username/password' error (kind of like a dead end). In addition, it will email you all attempted login credentials.

Features Include:
- Fake Admin CP looks EXACTLY like the real Admin CP (right down to the whitespace in the source code!)
- Gives a 'Wrong Username/Password' error when attempting to login and emails you the information as well as IP address.
- /inc/plugins/fakeadmin.php will give a fake 404 error message when directly accessed.
- HTML is stripped from email inputs (via htmlspecialchars)

Configurable Options Include:
- Email Subject
- To Email
- From Email

This is an example of what an email will look like:

Quote:####################################################
THIS IS AN AUTOMATED EMAIL - DO NOT RESPOND
####################################################

Somebody just attempted to login to your fake MyBB Admin CP. The person's login details and IP address were recorded:

Username: admin
Password: admin
IP Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

If this is not the first login attempt from the above IP address, it is recommend that you ban it from accessing your forums.
--------
Installation Instructions:

1) Rename your /admin/ directory (This is a MUST!) - http://community.mybboard.net/thread-44977.html

2) Install and Activate the plugin via your Admin CP.

3) Go to Configuration --> Fake Admin CP Settings and edit the settings as you wish.

Note: The plugin will work perfectly fine even if you don't install it. The only difference is that if you wish to receive notification emails, then you will need to configure the settings.

--------
License: You may not remove in-file credits/copyright, and you may not distribute this plugin or claim it as your own.
--------

Download - http://mods.mybboard.net/view/fake-admin-cp

Disclaimer: This is a method to help better the security of your MyBB forum. It does not replace updates and good security practices. Use of this script does not eliminate your chances of being hacked.
Sweet now its a plugin.

Awesome Zash! Is this more effiecent or just testing your php skills?
(2009-10-16, 12:14 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet now its a plugin.

Awesome Zash! Is this more effiecent or just testing your php skills?

Both (If by efficient you mean better than the old version, then definitely). As I do find ways to make it more efficient I will release newer versions Smile
I got this one from a post that you made but it isn't a plugin.
Is this the same function?
(2009-10-16, 12:29 AM)Skiilz Wrote: [ -> ]I got this one from a post that you made but it isn't a plugin.
Same function, only this one is improved.
This is a cool plugin. But what's the purpose?
question can you make smtp function inside this so it works for smtp server ... thank you
(2009-10-16, 05:38 AM)LaptopFreak Wrote: [ -> ]This is a cool plugin. But what's the purpose?

Quote:Fake Admin CP creates a fake admin page that will give visitors attempting to login an endless 'Wrong username/password' error (kind of like a dead end). In addition, it will email you all attempted login credentials.

(2009-10-16, 06:31 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]question can you make smtp function inside this so it works for smtp server ... thank you

Will look into it, but I can't make promises.
(2009-10-16, 12:32 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-16, 12:29 AM)Skiilz Wrote: [ -> ]I got this one from a post that you made but it isn't a plugin.
So its better for me and my board to have this one (Plugin) instead the other one?
(2009-10-16, 01:59 PM)Skiilz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-16, 12:32 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]
So its better for me and my board to have this one (Plugin) instead the other one?

Yes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4