MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Royale Theme. (MyBB 1.00 "Gold" to 1.01)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a port of the Windows XP media center theme.
It's called Royale, I like it, I am sure you may like it as well.
Be sure to read the readme.
A PSD for the logo is included.
A demo can be seen at http://mybb.sytes.net
Also, could somebody make me a skin chooser so guests can choose all the themes to preview?

Thanks.
You can download it from the attachment.
Ah, this theme has alot of potential Smile

Probably a few improvements can be done though...
More image changes would make this skin alot better, especially because the default buttons don't really match your skin's look. One thing that set apart IPB skins from MyBB skins is that most MyBB skins have less changed images, which really degrades the overall look of MyBB skins.

The color of the table footer - which is just the default gradient, doesn't really match the overall look. Try changing this and maybe you will be able to see the big difference. Smile

Here are tips for you Smile
1) Skin as much AS YOU CAN! Smile
* Make it an effort to change as many images and template bits. I believe you have a huge potential with graphics, you just don't put enough effort to your skins.
-This is a part of my criteria for rating my own skins Smile

2) Time is not a matter.
* As much as possible, when releasing a free skin, don't rush it, take your time on improving it "pixel by pixel".
-What I did with DigitART was that I gave a preview thread (even when it was not even halfway done) - which honestly made me rush a bit. What I did with DigitART is a bad practice.

3) A skin that appeals to you doesn't really always appeal to everybody.
* Don't hesitate to go against your likes - even if you love gloss, not everybody does.

Don't worry though, you're not alone in the gloss fanlist. Your gloss avatar, actually, was quite appealing to me Smile
Happy Skinning!