MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin version validation site.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it would be awesome to have a central site where all MyBB plugins could be linked to and users can verify through MyBB that they have the latest version of the plugin. I'm not saying that the plugin has to be hosted on that site (since some plugins are paid only) but it would be nice if the developers of paid plugins could update this central database with new versions so that users can make sure they are up-to-date.

And don't mention mods.mybboard.net, it's not worth wasting your breath on a broken system.
Sounds like a great idea... But, it's just going to lack the dedication as any other plugin update entry database, no? If the author of the plugin is the only one allowed to submit their work, I think it's safe to say they won't bother doing it after awhile.
i'd be interested in setting up something like this

and just because a plugin is paid so is its version number

i guess we could just post the version number and check it against the version number people have

*works on custom database*
Is the Mods site broken?? Seems OK when I use it.
How is the mods site broken? It's worked the same for years. And it does a pretty good job for what it's supposed to do.
I think he means its broken as in the validation system it uses.
Zash knows what I mean. Big Grin I am proposing this idea because I'm sure there are others out there with plugins showing as up-to-date in the MyBB Admin CP because their updates haven't been validated yet. But this thread isn't about that, it's about a centralized way to organize plugins without the limits imposed by current methods.