MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Exclude a certain forum from "new posts"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I was wondering is it possible to exclude a certain forum from "new posts" say for like an RSS/auto post section or for a random spam section, i don't want "new posts" clogged up with spammy stuff
Looking for the same....
Lock the forum, hide it from global user groups except Administrators and than have that forumid pull to your portal page.

Is that what you're looking for?
If I think I know what you mean, I believe you will need a plugin for that not sure need to define it a little more.
Actually, by default for your portal.php page it pulls from fid 2 I believe, correct me if I'm wrong.

Just hide that forum from the public and all posts you post in there will be put straight to your portal page acting like an RSS feed almost.

If you want to show your portal before your forums rename them.
I believe you can alter the forums in advanced permissions and untick "Can search forum?".

IMHO the lounge/off topic areas don't need to be searchable.
create a new group for your users (bots), assign those users/bots to the new group and allow only that group to post/reply to that forum in the forum permissions area.

that is what i have done for my 4 forums that pull RSS feeds.
(2009-10-15, 04:13 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I believe you can alter the forums in advanced permissions and untick "Can search forum?".

IMHO the lounge/off topic areas don't need to be searchable.

Thanks Labrocca this was exactly what i needed Big Grin

Thanks everyone also for your idea's Cool