MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Another forum team problem :P
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Bah, I've just realised that it's actually working as intended.

Someone will show as a moderator on the team page if they are added as a mod onto a particular forum. For example, the user here shows in the Junior Mod group as that's their actual usergroup but they also show as a normal mod as they're added to a forum as a moderator. Also, if you have a super moderator, they'll show as a super moderator on the team page, but if you were to also add them as a mod to a particular forum (not that it'd be necessary if they're a super mod) they'd show in the normal moderator section of the team page too (example here). A user will even show on the moderator section if their only usergroup is registered, but they are added as a mod to a forum, as then they're technically a moderator. Does that make sense??

So, do you actually use, or plan to use, the default moderator usergroup?? If you don't, I'd use that as the Junior Mod group.
Yeah, I intend to use it it's just I've seen forums that have the same staff as me, and their forum team doesn't show them twice and they have the same power as my Junior Mods.
Are you sure it's setup in the exact same way?? Because once someone is assigned as a mod to a forum, no matter what other groups they're in, they'll show on the team page as a moderator, unless they've edited the file to change that.
I don't know if they edited the file or anything, I just know they have the exact same staff setup as me, and the Jmods didn't show up twice.
Then they must have edited the file.
Check out this forum: Click. Same exact everything, asked him how he did it, did the same thing as me, but didn't show up twice. Compare it to my showteam.php, he didn't edit anything, added everything right, and his still looks clean and nice, while mine looks stupid. The guy named Delta is the JMod in that case. (Sorry for the deleting and reposting)
Right, go through every setting and make sure they are both identical in every way and both users have been setup and assigned to forums in the exact same way. If a user is added to a particular forum as a mod, they show up on the team page under the Moderator heading, that's how it works, so there must be something different between your forum and theirs.
I did that just right now, I made everything the same, nothing worked, their forum is still nice. And they didn't have to edit their templates to get rid of the Forum(s) thing. I don't know why my forum is acting up, but I really need to get this fixed.
There's nothing to fix on your forum, the forum team page is working as it should be. The bit where it says what forums they moderate is default too... they're doing something different. It doesn't say Forum(s) if they're not assigned to any, if they are, it does.
I don't understand though, I looked through the other forum's ACP we had the same exact everything, and I really mean everything. Besides Members, Posts, Themes, and Plugins both forums' options are exactly the same. None of the templates are different, nothing. Nothing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5