MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum colors error.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Before my most recent upgrade i had my forum setup so that specific forums were specific colors and they still are. This is done mainly for flaming areas etc and easier navigation. However after upgrade i noticed when navigating through forums and subforums i start to see the literal code instead of just the colored forum.
The forums themselves are still colored just when you navigate you see it?

FTW Forum. Home for the Damned. / O/S and Website Forums. / <span style="color: green;">Websites.</span> / <span style="color: green;">All things php.</span>

Previously like i said it would have been just the breakdown of the forum/sub forum and colored.
Im a bit lost as to how to fix this and would appreciate any help.
This would probably (not sure just yet) be classed as a bug. The navigation should either remove it or show it as the actual specified colour. Otherwise html in the forum title's shouldn't be allowed.

From which version did this stop working?
I did have 1.4.7 and upgraded to 1.4.9
Thanks for the reply Polarbear. Here is hoping it is a bug and is easily fixed as it makes my forum look silly and i cant really change it as the forum is somewhat structured around the color of the forums.
Any chance someone could test this out on a forum to see if its a bug or just my forum?
Or perhaps a work around?
A problem i do want to get fixed at some point.
Thanks.
I created a test forum and the problem exists with a fresh install. I guess this would put it into the bug catagory?

Test link is http://www.daminkshost.com/forum/
Could anyone from here help me out?
I believe its a bug with the latest release and would like to fix it one day?
Sorry for the wait I'm going to submit it through to the system.
I've also marked this as technical so developers can help you find a workaround.

Dev Site Link: http://dev.mybboard.net/issues/496
I've rejected that ticket, Kieran - Issue #322 is the same thing and this issue will be resolved in 1.4.10 (or in the next maintenance release).

DAMINK - for the fixes, if you're not savvy with SVN, please see the difference report for revision #4443. It tells you the files that need edited - the red parts are to be replaced with what's coloured green.

Note: You'll only need to edit the three "branch-1.4" files, not the ones in the trunk.

That'll fix your problem.
Thankyou for the help guys. Much appreciated. Smile
Oops sorry Tomm didn't realise that was already in the system :p
Now the bug is back. Did this get updated to the latest release?
I only realized just now and had upgraded to 1.4.11 a little while ago so cant be sure this is the cause.