MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Warning when removing admin rights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Obviously there's the ability to add/remove access to the ACP to a usergroup, but I think there should be a warning when removing it, at least from the default admin group. Yes, there are legitimate reasons for removing it (for example, some people create a new usergroup with admin rights, put a new user in that group to use as an admin, and remove rights from the normal admin group, for security), but some people have removed admin rights and been locked out, and we've had to give them queries etc to fix it. It's a simple fix but I think it could be good to have a popup saying 'Hang on, you're trying to remove admin rights from the admin group, are you SURE you want to do this??"... might save people the hassle of having to fix it.
Would be a very good idea for new users.
I Have not had to come across that incident yet thats a good one good suggestion.
I like how IPB does it, although it gets kind of redundant when you don't even change the setting :/

If it came out only when you modified it, saying 'HEY!', that would be cool.