MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading themes (1.2.x to 1.4.x)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need a piece of advice here.

I have this theme which worked fine with 1.2.x but now that I've upgraded to 1.4.x, I have to upgrade the theme too. What I want to do is to compare each template of my theme to the similar template of the default theme, so I can see which changes have been made and which parts need to be touched. Is this possible?
It is if you get permission from who ever made the theme for MyBB 1.2.X, and convert it to 1.4.x.

If your wanting help in where to touch the area up, just get permission first, then ask more questions, we have a lot of theme designers that could help you out, as could I.
In them 1.2 theme, were there changes to the templates?? And by that I don't mean changes for plugins, I mean actual changes for the theme itself, if you see what I mean... you may need to just go through each one manually, a lot of templates changed between 1.2 and 1.4.
@Beatrix Kiddo: I already have the permission. The site owner has asked me to this favor for him.

@MattRogowski: Yes. The templates are substantially changed in some cases.

Anyways, I found a workaround: First, I ran this (sid=6 is for the theme in question):

update mybb_templates set version = 100 where sid = 6;

This caused mybb to think that templates from the old theme are all from version 1.0.0 and mark all of them for upgrading. Then I could simply run a diff and see what is missing and add them in the correct places Smile