MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Screen Resolution Centering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have been working on this for days and finally got a forum look that I can deal with the style of. I am not that good with .htm/.php code, otherwise I wouldn't be bothering you guys.

My problem is that my forum centers great in 800x600 resolution but on every other resolution it goes to the left, is there a fix for this? The side nav box is in a frame because when I added the nav from my wysiwyg builder there was a padding issue I couldn't fix so I thought this would be the best way to get it up. the address to my forum is:

Thanks for your help and it will be appreciated. : )
I think because you use width with px. Try to use %.
I have the width at 96.5% and I have tried it on 96% and its still the same. A while ago I know there was a code you could use and it would center the page on every resolution, forgot where I saw it. Any other help? Thanks
I get a 500 error.

I think you need to add margin: auto; or something like that.
Matt, The site is back up and I would appreciate it if you could take another look. I really want to get this centered right. if I can't, then I can't. Thanks for the help.

had to delete address due to spammers
Just add:
margin: auto auto;
to the extra css attributes in container, like the attached picture Big Grin
(2009-10-15, 02:08 AM)dudeness3 Wrote: [ -> ]Just add:
margin: auto auto;
to the extra css attributes in container, like the attached picture Big Grin

it was already margin auto auto. But what I didn't tell you is that I have a css in the header file too with my html and then theres the css that comes with mybb. So maybe having 2 css is doing it? Heres what is in my header template.