MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide until reply plugin doesn't work.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well a message pops up that says you can not see this until you reply, but you can still download the attachment without replying. It doesn't make sense Toungue
Hide plugin hides content of a message until you reply; not the attachments.
i added this to my to do list. i ll let you know in a few days.
mybbaddons.com has it already Smile
but its paid one. also source code of hide hack is a known thing since 1.2.x (even original author is missing Big Grin i asked a few person about original author of first hide hack but i coundt find him/her) anyway, i asked ever vers. of Lennart about ajax couse ajax will be the only difference with "hide hack" mod with "hide hack" plugin of Lennart but both of them workes in same way. i'm using hide hack mod on my board with thank you plugin too =) with a simple code adding Big Grin

just define a "$thanked" for checking thx table and thread id than add "|| $thanked > "0"" in main function and hidden content will open via thank you button too...

and in a few days i ll look for attachment support too.
Okay thanks dared.

BTW Lex- it doesn't hide the content either, it just sites at the bottom and doesn't hide anything.
i checked attachmet table and i think its currently not possible couse attachments doesnt have any id for posts (i think people can use attachments on their other posts via attachment id so the mybb's core is reason of this.) if i cant define attachments for posts i cant hide them for that post.

for examp.
let say my attachment is xxxxx so i start a thread named "thread1" and i used that attachment in my post with hide hack. then someone started "thread2" and used same attachment without hide hack. its same attachment but different threads so you cant hide it. anyway if you want a direct upload for newthread template i used megaupload's upload box. here i'm givin this to you ^^

open newthread template of your current theme search for:

{$smilieinserter}

add after:

<br /><embed src="http://www.megaupload.com/filebox/?t=0&c=1&u=476136206.0a860385b9" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="232" height="143" wmode="transparent"></embed>

screen shot:

http://i36.tinypic.com/205eb9z.jpg
Wow thanks for all of your help!!!!
I don't want to be off topic from the attachment discussion, but I just want to verify that "Hide Tags BBCode [xtrsyz]" indeed does not work properly. All a user has to do is click "Reply" and the hidden content is shown without posting.

I'm not very good with PHP so if anyone knows a fix for it, I'd appreciate any information. Thanks