MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to have excerpt in private message notification email?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When we subscribe to a thread and there are new posts on that thread, we will be notified by email and there are excerpt of that message being posted.

BUT, how to also enable excerpt for private message? Edit lang file? Which part?

Thanks.
Anyone can help?
I think it'll need a core file edit/plugin as an excerpt isn't generated by default.
Anyone work on this yet? Sort of annoying there isn't a good method to accomplish this. I thought someone had a tut or plugin but I can't find it. I know this is an older post but it's the only one I could find that's related.

Looking into this I see inc/datahandlers/pm.php handles the notification. Doesn't appear to be anything hookable before the my_mail() function.

I might just add a manual hook there and create a quick plugin. Is this function changed with 1.6x by chance?
(2010-05-07, 08:35 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone work on this yet? Sort of annoying there isn't a good method to accomplish this. I thought someone had a tut or plugin but I can't find it. I know this is an older post but it's the only one I could find that's related.

Looking into this I see inc/datahandlers/pm.php handles the notification. Doesn't appear to be anything hookable before the my_mail() function.

I might just add a manual hook there and create a quick plugin. Is this function changed with 1.6x by chance?

I've been wanting a small excerpt in the PM when you get a PM from someone for quite some time...like vbulletin's PM system.
I'm probably going to make this but unfortunately it will require a custom hook in that file. Which means a core file edit. I hate doing that but it's the best method for this function. It will basically be one line added along with a plugin file.
(2010-05-07, 04:21 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I'm probably going to make this but unfortunately it will require a custom hook in that file. Which means a core file edit. I hate doing that but it's the best method for this function. It will basically be one line added along with a plugin file.

that will be great...nothing like getting a PM and only seeing who sent it, but not any of the details so you don't know if it's an urgent PM or something that could wait.
bumping this..anyone looking into this?
I'm also looking for this - 3 years later?!