MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: noob question i need help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do i transfer files to my server, i downloaded filezilla to transfer but i need my host name ect, how can i find this out and how do i set filezilla up, many thanks cleaver 09
We don't know what your hostname is or where you'll find it. It's usually your domain name, but if that doesn't work, it might be in your host control panel, or you'll need to ask your host.
no still cant find it, i thought mybb was my host, thanks for the help anyway mate
No, MyBB isn't your host, MyBB is the software you use on the host. A host is where you upload your files etc. Sounds like you don't have one yet so see this thread: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-30827.html
ok i have buy a domain name and hosting plan, how do i transfer my domain name i just purchase to mybb forum. thanks
You need to change the nameservers of the domain to point to your hosting account, and then make the domain point to your file root. Your host should be able to help you with this bit.
thats a little confusing, i know this is cheeky but do you reckon you could help me sort it out, and i will send you some money thru paypal, how much £
(2009-10-14, 05:14 PM)cleaver09 Wrote: [ -> ]thats a little confusing, i know this is cheeky but do you reckon you could help me sort it out, and i will send you some money thru paypal, how much £

I'll gladly help you out. Please see the Private message I've sent you.