MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Virus?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Either my avast! AV is giving out false positives or someone hacked my account and injected a virus into both of my boards...

File name: http://www.masteremerald.co.cc/
Malware name: JSConfusedcriptPE-inf [Tri]
Malware type: Trojan Horse
VPS version: 091014-0, 10/14/2009

This is the info.
I get:

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Odd. Check your Admin CP Logs for any irregular activity on your admin account.
(2009-10-15, 02:00 AM)btraill Wrote: [ -> ]I get:

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Odd. Check your Admin CP Logs for any irregular activity on your admin account.

It's my whole site. Can't even log into the ACP. ;.;
Can you access it from www.yoursite.com/admin?

Seems like the JSConfusedcriptPE-inf [Tri] malware type is when you're tampering with your favicon IMAGE but instead of an image its saved as a document with Javascript <script> in it.

Delete your favicon or replace it with a default one and tell me if that fixes it.

IF that does not work. Can you tell us if you're on SP2 or SP3? And are your MS updates up-to-date? (That is if you're running XP)
I get that too, my avast anyways and I'm on Windows Vista Home Premium SP1.
I'm on Vista Home Premium SP2.
Log into your FTP, and delete everything. Sorry bro, it's probably your best chance.
Some people report upgrading to SP2/SP3 fixes the issue, however; I would suggest re-installing your board before upgrading to SP2 or SP3 - that's not as easily reversed as installing a forum.

Unless you've put a lot of time into it.
(2009-10-15, 02:21 AM)dudeness3 Wrote: [ -> ]Log into your FTP, and delete everything. Sorry bro, it's probably your best chance.

Bit extreme to begin with, uploading all fresh files would be a better place to start.