MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error Warning [2] date():
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
here is part of it
Warning [2] date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for '-4.0/DST' instead - Line: 520 - File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyBB\admin\modules\tools\system_health.php PHP 5.3.1RC1 (WINNT)
[attachment=15661]

Try to post in bug section but not sure where to go
You need to set the date.timezone correctly in your php.ini file to a proper timezone.
(2009-10-15, 09:45 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]You need to set the date.timezone correctly in your php.ini file to a proper timezone.

I'm with MyBB installed locally.

First, let me say that I'm loving it. Currently use phpBB and I am passionate about vBulletin. I have used SMF and the experience I have with forums, I can say that the MyBB in their latest version is sensational! Only missed a "hoteditor wysiwyg" and more options for SEO.

Well, but here is my post about this problem that the User quoted above. I had the same problem before ... In my case I configured the php.ini as follows:

[Date]
; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
; http://php.net/date.timezone
date.timezone = America/Sao_Paulo

Remember that you must remove ; the front line!
I use America/Sao_Paulo, you have to change to your region.

Good luck and congratulations for the MyBB, great work!!!