MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upload Avatars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i am having problems with the upload avatar?

I read in thread that the upload path had to be 777? How do i do this please?

I tried finding the file and changing it to chmod 777 but i dont know where the file is located or called what? (its still the default name)

Please someone help me
Heloo there

u know that when u upload ur files u use a certain ftp program !! which i prefer than the webbased upload.

so there you can right click on that certain folder using any ftp upload , and click CHMOD ,and made it 777 or select all the check boxes

777 is all permissions

regards
If you use the Windows FTP that is built in (I think that it is faster than other programs but has a bad connection sometimes), then right-click the folder and go to properties. The permissions will be there, just make sure that all of the boxes are checked.
it's ok the problem was solved here

chaw
if you are using cpanel, go to file manager, press the folder images to enter the folder or the name to get the folder "stats". so search for your uploads folder, and press its name. Select "Change Permissions" and make it 777. Remember to hit the checkboxes, writing down the numbers in the last row wont work. Checking the boxes will automatically change them. To CHMOD it 777, all boxes must be checked.

And again i remind you, this is only if you are using cPanel.