MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation stalling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Received the following error message when installing MyBB 1.4.09. Don't have a clue what it means. Any help appreciated.

[img][Image: MyBB_error.png][/img]

Did a search (which I should have done firest ... apologies) and found this thread. Will try this fix and see what happens.

Tomm M patch
I made the changes set forth in the patch referenced above.

Now the install for MyBB 1.4.9 (new install) gets stuck after the "database configuration" page. I enter all the correct info (I leave the SQL Table Prefix at default ... "mybb_" ... that correct?) but when I click "next" the browser (IE7) goes to h**p://www.mysite.org/Forums/install/index.php and stalls. I've let it sit there for 15-20 minutes and nothing happens. Just staring at a blank page.
Database has been created. Table creation and data insertion are next on the list of sequences but its not happening. ?????
I did all the CHMOD in the install wiki except the ones marked "optional". When the instructions only mention a folder, you only CHMOD the folder, right? Not the files in the folder?
After a day and a half of creating folders/files and deleting folders/files, re-downloading and then re-creating folders/files, installing and un-installing, after applying patches and moding script trying to get this software to install and beating my head against the wall, I decided to give SMF a try. It was up and running in about 10 minutes ... so I guess I'll go with it.

Thanks Matt for the help in my other thread.
Make sure you have filled the details when you install the forum.
If you'd bumped your thread after 24 hours we'd have known there were more replies and we could have helped you Undecided