MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hosts Harddrive Failed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So last night, all my sites were saying the database/s were read only, so I contacted my host, and they said they were working on it, so I left it at that. I wake up this morning to find out that the harddrive failed about 5 days after getting the server setup. The host didn't take any backups so we have to restore everything ourselves. Luckily, all my sites are new, so not much will be gone, but I run a post 2 host, which clients will be lost.
If this was your own dedicated server, i recommend you check out VPS.net

No hard drive fails over there Smile
I am looking at VPS', but I am only 13, so I can't get a job yet, and I can't really get money from anywhere.
I have said this before to you Josh, learn to code/design and you will be set for cash Toungue
(2009-10-15, 09:24 PM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]I am looking at VPS', but I am only 13, so I can't get a job yet, and I can't really get money from anywhere.

You're freakin' 13, and on the MyBB support team?

Impressive. SmileSmileSmile
(2009-10-15, 09:25 PM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]I have said this before to you Josh, learn to code/design and you will be set for cash Toungue

I'm trying I'm trying! Toungue Been a bit busy setting up websites lately Toungue
(2009-10-15, 09:24 PM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]I am looking at VPS', but I am only 13, so I can't get a job yet, and I can't really get money from anywhere.

Ah fair play. If you ever decide to get a VPS i highly recommend them.

And 13 and on the support team, pretty good Smile.
make sure to read the rule of that host.
some hosting package does not include backup.
VPS is the best solution, but as you can said. You are young enough to get extra cash Smile
Follow some advice above, make a good (paid) plugins/theme, for example.

anyway..
Amazing "youngest" Support Team
(2009-10-15, 11:12 PM)FBI Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing "youngest" Support Team

If we had any younger ones on the team I'm sure hell would break loose o.O
(2009-10-15, 09:18 PM)Jakee Wrote: [ -> ]No hard drive fails over there Smile

Never say it won't happen. Because, if they didn't fear it they wouldn't do regular backups themselves.

Technology is ones of those things that can break early but if it doesn't it usually lasts Toungue.
Pages: 1 2