MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vB has doomed their own brand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Read this post, one that vB has not or will not be able to bury.

http://www.forumpostersunion.com/showpos...ostcount=2

There are thousands of license holders in the same position genius !
I read it. What's the problem? Jelsoft screwed you. So what.

Don't be angry at me because this happened to you. It's not my doing.

You don't have a case though. You simply don't.

Have you taken the time to call them about your situation?
I thought vB's licence for upgrades and updates related to that specific "branch", meaning their 3.x.x version? They can do whatever the hell they want for 4.x.x.
Pretty sure you're right too Tomm. I just can't find a copy of their 3.x license. However their wording hasn't changed much from previous versions and once again. VB's lawyers would be smart enough to make sure they were legally covered. OP is just ticked off and within his rights. Doesn't mean he has a lawsuit.
You guys do not realize that IB has to keep their end of the bargain and that customers have specific legal rights, when you guys have a law degree, then you can lend a legal opinion.
Show me your law degree. Guaranteed I know more about the law than you do.
(2009-10-16, 03:29 PM)AVC Wrote: [ -> ]You guys do not realize that IB has to keep their end of the bargain and that customers have specific legal rights

I think you're making mountains from a few molehills... you've bought a copy of vBulletin 3, and with doing so, agreed to that licence - not the right to download vB4 whenever it is released (unless it is stated in the vB3 licence you can do that). You've simply shot yourself in the foot by buying vB3 too early.

vB and IPB's licence are pretty much similar in end-result. I fail to see so many people angered by their upgrade price. Jelsoft is not forcing you to upgrade. They are simply offering a new piece of software.

If you don't like it, or it will cost too much, there's nothing wrong with continuing using vB3 or switching to another software.
=d too expensive for me

I want to thanks so much for Mybb in this case ;D
LOL, Jessie

Give me a break guys, this is the most misguided bungling move that any software company has ever made and the largest PR disaster that was self inflicted where 90% of the customers have problems.

You can be sure many lawsuits will result.

Would you bet your lives on the fact that no litigation will take place against IB ?
Hahaha, DOOMED just like PunBB "bought" by Informer? Then many developers move out, and then build "sleeping.." FluxBB Smile
Or, just like Ligesh killing suicide after his HyperVM was hacked?
Just a thought Smile
Pages: 1 2 3