MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Need Help] move host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
please explain how to move the DB from the old host to the new one in more detail, I am very newbie to this, and have searched but did not meet. Please help me Huh
You install a new mybb like usual, then you go into your phpmyadmin and drop all of the tables and upload your old database sql file and use the old database when you configure mybb.
thanks, do I also need to install the mod first before entering DB?
What mod? by the way this is in the wrong place.
like My Plaza, theme etc, I tried to import DB but still have error like this
Error

SQL query:

--
-- Database: information_schema
--
CREATE DATABASE information_schema DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
where lies the fault
, sorry if wrong place, where I had to post?
Moved to general support, this isn't anything to do with the Merge System.
Thx mastah Big Grin Can you help me to solve this problem? please help me.
YOu 1st need to make a full backup of your old files from your old host! (cpanel has this option on the home page)
after the backup is complete, all you need to do is download the backup file.
after the download is complete, go to the cpanel of your new host and in "file manager" upload the backup u downloaded from the old cpanel Smile
after upload is complete, just extract all the files to there proper places.
after thats done all u need to do is find the .sql file from the old server and just do a .sql dump by creating a new Database on new server and dumping the sql via phpmyadmin. Smile
I hope this solves your issue Smile
If you want any more info, contact me on my IM (MSN): ammar.ahmad*[email protected] (REMOVE THE *)

Oh and dont forget to edit the config.php file Smile
Ok. thx All. now solved Big Grin