MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems login in (through cell phones)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Smart phones are giving my site problems. From two friends they've had the same problem.

The person(s) who try and log in via smart phones say that it lets them log in and they get the message that login is successful and they will be redirected. Well after the redirect, they get put back to the page that says they are not logged in again.

My cookie domain = www.crackforums.net
my domain is www.crackforums.net. After logging in its crackforums.net/index.php

Please advise =)
Try removing the .www from the cookie domain. If that doesn't work, may be an issue on their end, are you sure they actually have cookies enabled??
(2009-10-16, 07:01 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Try removing the .www from the cookie domain. If that doesn't work, may be an issue on their end, are you sure they actually have cookies enabled??

Looks like the www. is the problem. Thanks again!
Hello again,

Well after I took away the www from www.crackforums.net on one computer at work, I came home and tried logging in on another computer (regular non-smart phone internet) and It is having the same problem - it keeps asking me to login. I cleared my cookies in my browser, tried it again and its working now. Will this be a common problem (people having to clear cookies etc to log into my site)?
If cookie are changed you'll generally need to clear them so the new one can be set, but now they're at the correct setting. If the www is in the cookie domain it means you'd have to have the www in the URL to be able to login, if it isn't there, it doesn't matter if the www. is in the URL or not.
(2009-10-17, 08:35 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If cookie are changed you'll generally need to clear them so the new one can be set, but now they're at the correct setting. If the www is in the cookie domain it means you'd have to have the www in the URL to be able to login, if it isn't there, it doesn't matter if the www. is in the URL or not.

Hi again,

So now I'm having another problem. I cannot log out. It's the same deal - I press log out, it gives me the logging out now message but redirects me to a page where I'm still logged in.

any ideas?
Maybe your browser is logging you in every time it tries to log you out. Clear your browser's knowledge of passwords.