MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WiredTree Opinion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am planning on getting a VPS in the next day or so, and I wanted to get your opinions on the VPS plan I was thinking of getting. You can see the plan here. The plan is VPS512.

Thoughts?
(2009-10-17, 11:52 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]I am planning on getting a VPS in the next day or so, and I wanted to get your opinions on the VPS plan I was thinking of getting. You can see the plan here. The plan is VPS512.

Thoughts?

There is a lot of good things said about wiredtree on webhostingtalk. And i am sure512mb ram would be good for a small-ish site. (as cpanel will use the most amount of ram no?)
Yeah, cPanel will use the most amount of RAM. Since I am going to be running a Post 2 Host on it, I am going to see if I can buy more RAM.
Its Guaranteed SLM RAM: $7.50 per 64MB. i would just stay with 512 and see how it goes.
:O Maybe I'll see how 512 goes Toungue

What do you guys think is better?

ServInt's essential VPS plan, or the one in my first post?
Well ServInt's essential VPS plan is better for the money. I forgot about them guys.
I was originally going to go with ServInt, but Wiredtree has 10GB extra space for about the same price. So you think ServInt would be better?
(2009-10-17, 12:47 PM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]I was originally going to go with ServInt, but Wiredtree has 10GB extra space for about the same price. So you think ServInt would be better?
I would go with ServInt (obviously). And anyways, I doubt you'll need the extra space for a while.
Even with cPanel, 512 mb of ram should be plenty since they made a cPanel version just for VPS's that optimizes it so you have plenty of ram left after cPanel is installed.
This is really tough Undecided
Pages: 1 2