MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editing global.lang.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unfortunately, it is impossible to edit global.lang.php, because it will cause problems with your forum. I want to edit it, so is there anything I can do to make this possible?

Thanks.
What problems does it cause exactly?
You can edit it but make sure you do not remove any code that is needed to load the page.
Well, if I edit it, even if I just change it so that it says "Welcome Back," instead of "Welcome back", that is enough to make it have errors. The error is when I log out, I get a blank page.
The error was most likely due to the text editor you used, rather than the editing of the file itself. I'm assuming you used notepad; if you use wordpad, or a more advanced editor like Notepad++, it shouldn't cause any problems.
(2009-10-17, 11:50 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The error was most likely due to the text editor you used, rather than the editing of the file itself. I'm assuming you used notepad; if you use wordpad, or a more advanced editor like Notepad++, it shouldn't cause any problems.
Thanks, that worked.