MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMF 1.1.10 Attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In SMF 1.1.10 (and it looks like other versions as well) attachments will not import.

I get the:
Quote:Attachments

The MyBB Merge System encountered the following problems:

* The attachments could not be read. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be read from and ensure the URL is correct. If you are still experiencing issues, please try the full system path instead of a URL (ex: /var/www/htdocs/path/to/your/old/forum/uploads/).

Once you have resolved the mentioned issues, you may continue by pressing "Next" below.

There are 5 attachments that will be imported.

But the URL is correct:
http://127.0.0.1/bbs/smf/attachments/

And the attachments directory is chmod to 777.

In looking at the code, it looks like the converter is trying to copy them by attachment name, but they're stored on disk via this formula:

ID_ATTACH."_".POSTHASH

Of course, I may just not be reading it right, but since it isn't importing I'm posting here for confirmation.

Edit: And yes I've tried the full system path as suggested as well. Thanks.
*Bump*
No news is never good news Wink

I've got someone who wants to pay me to convert their board, but without this working I can't do it Wink
No news can be good news. Like if you have a son at war or something.

However I've seen you posting and your php skills are there. Attachments seems to be an issue with more than just smf so maybe looking at how it's handled as whole see where the problem could be.
My php skills aren't really php skills Wink
They're C skills lol. php just happens to be close enough in most things that I can get by. However, the SMF attachment.php is beyond me. I've already tried fixing it myself. Maybe I'll try again another day with fresh eyes. That often helps.

Still, thanks for the kudos lol, but I don't want to be getting a big head when I'm only middling in talent and knowledge Big Grin

Its too bad my the Side Boxes plugin I'm writing will require being purchased or a subscription (depending on the decision of the person who hired me to make it for them) since it is pretty kick ***. I'm kinda proud of it.