MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My late impression of myBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i knew myBB for a long time but never took it serious.

my favourite Board is still (alongwith now myBB) SMF.After testing many boards (eg.useBB,phpBB,deluxeBB,punBB,discuz,novaboard,woltBB and even nulled vBulletin and IPB Big Grin) on my localhost i found SMF to be my favourite.Simplicity, easy to update,great search function,nice skins availability and ease of use especially for the ADMIN scores so high than expensive VB and IPB.

recently my interest took over on myBB and it didnt disappoint me.But i need to test it more.

if i would ever run a board it would be either SMF or myBB or both Heart.myBB scores a bit higher in my book but SMF is my first love Big GrinBig Grin

we dont need paid and expensives VB and IPB when we have myBB and SMF around.And even the admin unfriendly phpBB and the good useBB.

the reason i am joining this board is to you guys and girls who worked for myBB.You do/did a great job and keep it going and stronger Smile

thanks
SMF used to be good but not after the dumm asses over at SMF updated there licence making your site there property or something around those lines. UseBB is one great BB its simple, fast and looks neat bit similar to phpBB style but still its great there are some down sides to it. Not many features inside the ACP, MCP and some features are missing like Attachments and others which as I know will be fixed in UseBB 2 but MyBB is still one of the greatest BBS out there.
(2009-10-18, 06:32 PM)Rika Wrote: [ -> ]SMF used to be good but not after the dumm asses over at SMF updated there licence making your site there property or something around those lines. UseBB is one great BB its simple, fast and looks neat bit similar to phpBB style but still its great there are some down sides to it. Not many features inside the ACP, MCP and some features are missing like Attachments and others which as I know will be fixed in UseBB 2 but MyBB is still one of the greatest BBS out there.

never knew that Angry i will see to it

yes i agreed with you on useBB not many features but its simple and clean and easy to use.But we have SMF and myBB Smile

phpBB styles from Rocketthemes are damn professional and dzinerstudio smf themes are also good.

not many good skins for myBB; premium skins seem non available?? some day i will make my own theme Smile

thanks
@08455

UseBB 2 should be much better then UseBB with more features and goodies, but really you don't need a massive BBS like phpBB 3, phpBB 3 is just massive yet it docent have good quality's like integration. To intergrate phpBB 3 with your website is going to take you massive amounts of research + time because phpBB 3 internal coding has to be re-written. What I hate about phpBB is that they post bugs/security flaws list before fixing them which is plain stupid.

SMF doesn't really seem like a powerfully BBS but its simple to update and is user friendly to an extend also there are things that could have been approved for one the default theme should be updated to something more better.

You used many boards as I see, but there are few that you missed out.
IceBB, Burning Boards (Paid) and AEF. From what I know AEF is a new BBS which seems to be getting popular as well. But I would still stick with MyBB sure there are things that I wished with MyBB looked a bit better like the user page, but still its better then paying $180.00 and getting IPB or vBulletin.

Also this is what is being sad by users of opensourcecms.com

Quote:Great piece of software, crippled by a stupid license that requires my site to appear as though it's copyright by the SMF team.

Sorry, wrong answer. You copyright the code, not the site being displayed with the code.

Too bad; could've been good.

This is what I told you about there not GPL licence which is stupid.
Although IPB and vBulletin are expensive, MyBB doesn't compete with them in terms of features. Yeah, MyBB has a lot of features, and although vBulletin is a lot of bloat, I can't say that the majority of the features aren't useful. The CMS factor, I predict, will play an important role in the future, though.

Btw, I hate SMF.
(2009-10-19, 01:51 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Btw, I hate SMF.

Me too. Smile
(2009-10-19, 06:36 PM)aledTH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-19, 01:51 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Btw, I hate SMF.

Me too. Smile

how can you hate SMF UndecidedSmile

its one of the best out there not to mention myBB.

@deadriot: yes you are right; this from SMF site

Quote:Since YaBB SE 1.5.1 RC1, this forum software is no longer released under the GNU/GPL license. Simple Machines Forum in distributed under it's own license.

yep not GNU/GPL; but still i dont find any offence although i like it to be GNU/GPL .just a free software Smile
MyBB? can't tell anymore.
It's amaze me Smile
http://php.opensourcecms.com/scripts/sho...cat=Forums

Anyone notice that MyBB has by far the most votes?
(2009-10-20, 11:15 AM)08455 Wrote: [ -> ]how can you hate SMF UndecidedSmile

In comparison to vBulletin, MyBB and IPB, it has virtually no features to keep me satisfied. Not to mention, the ACP lacks some of the simplest features imo, whereas MyBB has them.
Pages: 1 2