MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Transfer from vBulletin - No Passwords
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have successfully transferred a forum from vBulletin 3.8. All of the forums, users, posts, etc. have moved. However, there seems to be something wrong...

Apparently, none of the passwords were converted. I looked into the MySQL, and the password rows are all empty.

And yes, I did have loginconvert.php in my plugin directory and it was activated. However, it does not seem to correctly generate the vbulletin encrypted password, which is making it fail.
The passwords stay empty until you succeed in logging in with the member in question. The loginconvert plugin is accessed when a converted user tries to log in to the new board.
(2009-10-18, 07:10 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]The passwords stay empty until you succeed in logging in with the member in question. The loginconvert plugin is accessed when a converted user tries to log in to the new board.
But the problem is, it's not working correctly. A member tried logging in, but she kept getting a wrong password error.

When I looked into the MySQL under her row, the passwordconvert column was empty and the password column wasn't. Apparently, the password wasn't converted into the right one.
Thats a new one. Are we sure she remembers her password correctly?

Of course, she can always use the recover password function to get a new password, then change it again too. So see what happens with that if you will. I'll test the vBulletin import independently when I get a chance (later today) and see what happens.
Yes.

I think the problem has been solved. We were attempting to login while the board was in 'Offline' mode. Apparently, this plugin will only work on an 'Online' board.

I will confirm this later.
oops lol Wink