MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Have a Required Custom Profile Field be filled during Registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Custom Profile Field on my forum that I wish would get filled out immediately. Since most users won't be very experienced with the internet in general, I doubt that most users would go to their User CP and happen to edit their profile and are required to fill the custom profile field there. I would like to have it appear at registration. How could I do this? I have searched around in the forums with no promising results. Sad
In the settings for the Custom Profile Field, make it required, and it'll show on the registration form.
(2009-10-18, 07:56 PM)Orinoco Wrote: [ -> ]In the settings for the Custom Profile Field, make it required, and it'll show on the registration form.
I did make it required, but it isn't showing up. Sad
Have you edited the member_register template?? What's your URL??
(2009-10-18, 08:24 PM)Orinoco Wrote: [ -> ]Have you edited the member_register template?? What's your URL??
No I haven't. If I have to do that, what do I need to edit into it? The URL is http://mhshelp.gotdns.org
You don't need to add anything to it, I asked in case you'd removed something. If you've set the Required option to Yes, there's not really anything that will stop it showing on the registration form... unless it's set to be hidden...??
(2009-10-18, 08:38 PM)Orinoco Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to add anything to it, I asked in case you'd removed something. If you've set the Required option to Yes, there's not really anything that will stop it showing on the registration form... unless it's set to be hidden...??
Nope, it's set to be Required, not editable, and not hidden.

EDIT: Ahhh, I changed it to be editable, and now it shows up. Thanks for your help though! Big Grin
Oh, I assumed it would have been set to be editable already... may be that then, it needs to be editable if they're going to edit it...
(2009-10-18, 08:42 PM)Orinoco Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I assumed it would have been set to be editable already... may be that then, it needs to be editable if they're going to edit it...
Yeah, I thought editable meant as in not changeable later on. But I guess it meant at any time. Toungue