MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: convert password to text in SQL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Because In my MyBB cannot resend require pw email. Please show me how can I make the passwords become plaintext (not hash) in my table everytime users register?

The second, I went to the full edit on the thread in my myBB. But the insert images button and insert smiles are not work, although I attached the image. I see the error on the status bar " error on page".

Please tell me more about these errors!

Thanks!
1st - That's insecure for your members, would most likely require core file edits, and I would not recommend it.

2nd - I think your using Internet Explorer, no?
why not have users with password issues send you a note from the email address they are registered with on your site and then you can change the password via Admin CP and tell them what the new password is via your own email to them
Instead of using a plain text password, which is probably one of the most insecure things you could do, lets try and solve the actual problem... why can't you resend the password?? Does the email just not come through??
(2009-10-19, 07:11 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of using a plain text password, which is probably one of the most insecure things you could do, lets try and solve the actual problem... why can't you resend the password?? Does the email just not come through??

Maybe my server is not to support send php mail !
Try SiteFrost (http://sitefrost.com) It's a post2host community with awesome hosting Smile
Then either ask them why the mails aren't sending or find a host where they do send from. Storing passwords as plain text shouldn't be the solution to anything, especially something like mails not sending out.