MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hi. Permision denied errors.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay. I can't get anything to work!! When I go into my bbs directory (the directory I put my files in) Apache displays an "Access forbidden.". I am on a Linux server (Archlinux to be exact.) and chmoded everything to 644. I tried 777 and 666 in the past. Still get the same error. No idea what to do Huh . Some help would be appreciated. I have webmin, pure-ftp, and ssh installed. I transferred the tar.gz via ftp, And extracted the files via webmin. If that helps.
What's your URL to your website?

What is your root folder for your forums named, and what does it consist of inside (folder/file wise?)
(2009-10-19, 12:28 AM)dragos240 Wrote: [ -> ]chmoded everything to 644

Even the folders...?? The default settings are 644 for files and 755 for folders, if you got an error straight away with those settings you should contact your host.
(2009-10-19, 07:18 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-19, 12:28 AM)dragos240 Wrote: [ -> ]chmoded everything to 644

Even the folders...?? The default settings are 644 for files and 755 for folders, if you got an error straight away with those settings you should contact your host.

That's good to know. I'll do that. By the way, my site is self hosted. I have the server running upstairs. :p

EDIT: Yeah! It works!