MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to edit views
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello again

I would like to know how to edit the numbers of the views of the threads on MyBB.

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Great work you are doing here ! Smile

Regards
Ruby
Well you need a plugin for that i will search around for you in a min.
(2009-10-19, 01:27 AM)windowsmediaman Wrote: [ -> ]Well you need a plugin for that i will search around for you in a min.
Thank you [Image: thumbsup.gif]
I can't find one sorry i am sure there is a way you will just have to wait for someone else help.
Doesn't matter @ windowsmediaman, thanks for searching.
You could do it through phpmyadmin more than likely in the threads table. However why?
(2009-10-19, 02:00 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]You could do it through phpmyadmin more than likely in the threads table. However why?
We have some strange users playing around on our forums. We don't have such a lot of readers as our thread views look like and I think that our people will be afraid to post on our forums when they see this high amount of thread views there. So I would like to push it down to a real number of views. Thanks for your answer.
I think the thread views are increased when bots search them, no?

Because I have a similar issue. I have only a few registered users, a small % of them posting. (4 or 5 to be exact) They hardly post, none in the past 3 days. Yet my topics have 100ish views.
We also have a very few registered users. By the moment we do have 5 users reading there but the views are about one and two thousand and they are getting higher and higher. I would like to stop that.
Geez! Not anywhere close to mine.

Someone could be trying to do some stupid refresh on a topic to flood your site. However, they're perhaps failing.
Pages: 1 2