MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pre Modded MyBB??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How about a version of MyBB that comes with many plugins already built into it.

I'm sure theres quite a few trusted plugins that the MyBB Team would not mind including..

phpBB has one so why dont we, phpBB: http://www.fullymoddedphpbb.com/

So it would be pretty much a bundled version of MyBB.
This is something members of the community can do, I don't think we should start doing this.
Ya, just like all the phpbb ones it's done by the community not the staff. Wink
yeah, the point is to add plugins you like! Big Grin leave them to do the core and im sure someone will release a premod version at some point! hell, i might even do it Toungue
I just don't think it's required with mybb. As well plugins are easy to add. you really only see premodded systems with phpbb because it's a pain to add plugins.
It would be a bad idea if we did it as people would think that they could get support for the plugins in the General Support forum, as we were distributing them in the package. I'm not totally against pre-modded versions per se, I was planning on making one just before I joined the team, but it wouldn't work if we released it; plus we need to be focusing on 1.6 and 2.0 as opposed to supporting a package like this.
lol, you get enough idiots like me asking for help anyway, you really dont need no more! :p oh and plus theres a small issue with compatibility when you upgrade.. you would have to rethink the
update system for plugins really..
I was going to start this, i didn't get anyone with enough php knowledge though.
For phpbb it's needed since adding each addon for phpbb requires a ton of manual changes. That's just not true for mybb. And also to do the changes before adding the template is the wrong way to do it.

So let's say you have a premodded MyBB with default template. Now you add your own theme after installing but you'll have to either deactivate each plugin and activate it again so the template changes occur or you go in and manually make the changes. Either way...it's more difficult than just installing the base and the plugins you want.

phpbb is not MyBB. There is a reason why MyBB is superior and this is one reason.

What is possibly doable is a plugin pack. Like the top 20 plugins all in one zip. You then can just upload the pack and activate the ones you need. That's only slightly more convenient imho than just installed ONLY want you want and when you want it.

Remember that every fork of MyBB will only add to the potential for security problems. I do not recommend anyone follow or start a MyBB fork.
Labrocca, my plan was to just add the files in the correct place, and let users install on there own. That way no useless crap.
I think that also add a pre database, which is way harder to do on mybb, since there is no need...
Pages: 1 2 3