MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Affilate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Affilate

Im just wondering how can i add URLs in the header?
Help please.
Edit the header template of your theme.
Depending on the theme it can also be the 'header_welcomeblock_guest' or the 'header_welcomeblock_member' template as well.
Is there a HTML code for the header so i can put links in?
Header template...?? Not sure what more you're after, the templates you need are listed in the post above.
I have a similar question...
I went into my search.php file and duplicated the get daily script and changed it to a getweekly search....this works fine. Now i need it to show up in the header bar at the top but for some reason its not. Here is the code I have. See anything wrong with it?

<span style="float:right;">{$lang->welcome_current_time}</span>
{$lang->welcome_back} (<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php"><strong>{$lang->welcome_usercp}</strong></a>{$modcplink}{$admincplink} &mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&amp;logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a>)<br />
<span class="links">
<a href="#" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=buddypopup', 'buddyList', 350, 350);">{$lang->welcome_open_buddy_list}</a>
</span>
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getnew">{$lang->welcome_newposts}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getdaily">{$lang->welcome_todaysposts}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getweekly">{$lang->welcome_Last7daysposts}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/private.php">{$lang->welcome_pms}</a> {$lang->welcome_pms_usage}

the specific part i added is:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getweekly">$lang->welcome_Last7daysposts}</a>

I obviously cant have "welcome_todaysposts" in there twice so i change the weekly one to "welcome_Last7daysposts". Do I need to define that somewhere or should this just be working as is? Right now all i see is this:
View New Posts | View Today's Posts | | Private Messages you can see where it should be. Any ideas?
Remove {$lang->welcome_Last7daysposts} and just type the text you want to show, you'll have to add the variable to global.lang.php to be able to use a variable, it's easier to just type it out.
cool that worked...heres the code i used in case anyone else needs it:

<span style="float:right;">{$lang->welcome_current_time}</span>
{$lang->welcome_back} (<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php"><strong>{$lang->welcome_usercp}</strong></a>{$modcplink}{$admincplink} &mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&amp;logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a>)<br />
<span class="links">
<a href="#" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=buddypopup', 'buddyList', 350, 350);">{$lang->welcome_open_buddy_list}</a>
</span>
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getnew">{$lang->welcome_newposts}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getdaily">{$lang->welcome_todaysposts}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getweekly">Last 7 Days</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/private.php">{$lang->welcome_pms}</a> {$lang->welcome_pms_usage}