MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [COMPLETE] Changing Super Admins using FTP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

My so-called friend joined me at my forums and when we migrated from PHPBB 3.0.5 to MyBB 1.4 he somehad made HIMSELF the super admin and they are my forums!

I keep telling him to do stuff like he is supposed to be a HIDDEN admin yet he refuses and I can't do anything about it.

How can I get back to being the super admin?

(http://clarkies-cave-forums.co.cc/)

My friend is user 1 even though he used to be user 10? and I am User 2...

Thanks for your help.
Clarkie

PS> It is obvious that they are my forums: Clarkie's Cave not James' Cave...
Being a super admin only means you can't be edited/banned/deleted in the ACP, not really anything special. To be a super admin they'd have had to have added their UID to the list of super admins in ./inc/config.php, did they do that?? If they did, remove their UID and they'll be a normal admin.
Do you have FTP access and did you give him acess to the FTP?

(FTP = The place where you uploaded all MyBB Files)
Yes but I need to control his account. He is going around as if he is the owner of my forums and thats not right!

Thanks for the help. I am trying it now.

He is hosting the forums so yes he has access to FTP. That'll be how he did it.
Well if he is the host and is the one with the cpanel and FTP Info then you can not control his account (Unless he gives you his PW and you change it) But if you have that then just restrict his FTP account from the inc/config.php file...
Right, I changed the UID in the config.php file to mine and that worked. Hopefully he wont notice because there is nothing to make him notice really...

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Why would you allow your host to have access to that?
Doesn't speak much for the host imho.
My friend has a paid hosting account and it is hosted using his account so we get the terrabyte of bandwidth we require.
(2009-10-21, 12:06 AM)Clarkie Wrote: [ -> ]My friend has a paid hosting account and it is hosted using his account so we get the terrabyte of bandwidth we require.

you require a terrabyte? are you sure? thats an awful lot of bandwith
1 Terrabyte!?

That's 1024 Gigabytes! That's enough to have 500+ plug-ins! (In size terms)