MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Converted a Big Old Vbulletin Board to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(Actually, Zash did the conversion for me Wink ) With over 500,000 posts, I think it gave him many gray hairs.

This weekend, EA Forums moved to MyBB. Now, before you gamers get too excited, this is NOT about EA games. Why we are called EA is a long, boring story that I will leave to your imagination.

http://www.eaforums.com

The move went pretty well. The PM conversion didn't go so well. I'm looking at that. Custom avatars also didn't come over; so I'm looking into that. But, we have a new theme and a new logo, and the members are quickly figuring out what's what.

I look forward to meeting all of you and learning more about MyBB.

Amy
I like the theme that you have, but I'm not sure that I like the idea of having to scroll down by the Board Statistics to get to the rest of the forum, to me that should be at the bottom of the forum.
its a very nice skin!
With your problems, you could try taking the backup of your vBulletin forum and performing the conversion on a local PC with something like XAMPP. That way, you can max-out the restrictions (such as memory) and get those problems sorted out by just importing the things you're missing.

Either way, it all looks good! Best of luck for your "new" forum!...
damn! you save hundred dollars moving from VB to MyBB Big Grin
and allocate the money for rent a VPS
goodluck,
Taking a sane move there! :p welcome to the dark side :p
Lufbra, I've moved it to the top temporarily because I'm monitoring the old members who are able to get in successfully. Once I get a few more things straight, I'll move it down again.

Thanks for the welcome, guys Smile
Hi Amy,

I also run a Big Board community (around 1.5 million posts, 40,000 registered users, around 500 concurrent at peak), and was wondering how your experience with MyBB has been so far. I am currently on vBulletin 3.8.x, and I am thinking about moving away to something more stable and solid for a Big Board community. Can you tell me more about your experience with MyBB so far?

Thanks!
Kaelon, performance with MyBB has been great thus far. The import was less than perfect though. We had issues with private messages and secondary groups getting fouled up.
Don't worry about PM's, many forums are deleting them after 90 days now days due to database problems.

Your forum looks great, I think I am going to start a thread on this subject, I will dump a link back in this thread once I start the vBulletin to MyBB conversion thread on my forum.

PS: Looks like Zash is going to make some fast friends or customers !!
Pages: 1 2