MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Renumber Forums/Users/Etc?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I was wondering if it was possible to have the forums re-number the forums, users, or anything else the forum gives a number to. Because users have a uid that is ahead by a few numbers compared to the user with the previous number that is assigned (gap due to deleting some spam users). I was wondering if this was possible, and if it would be helpful in any way to do so. Thanks.
It uses the MySQL auto_increment feature. It doesn't reuse IDs, that's how it works. It's physically possible by changing the UID of the user, and changing the auto_increment value on the table, but then you'd need to change every other occurrence of that UID in the entire database, the same for forum IDs, and everything else, every time something's deleted... it isn't worth the hassle and it would only lead to more issues than it solves.
(2009-10-20, 11:36 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It uses the MySQL auto_increment feature. It doesn't reuse IDs, that's how it works. It's physically possible by changing the UID of the user, and changing the auto_increment value on the table, but then you'd need to change every other occurrence of that UID in the entire database, the same for forum IDs, and everything else, every time something's deleted... it isn't worth the hassle and it would only lead to more issues than it solves.

Ah, ok. I'm not a real PHP/MySQL expert, so that's why I had to ask. I usually have to keep things organized in my head, but now I have this reason to calm me down. Toungue
If it was a simple thing to do, I'd do it too, I hate when it skips numbers Toungue