MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WinPulse - Online File Scanning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: logo.png]

What is it?
WinPulse is a website that allows you to scan your files by uploading them or by scanning the direct link of the file if uploaded to the net. Besides that WinPulse is also able to scan any website pages for dangerous scripts and other nasty stuff. At the moment WinPulse's virus database has more than 625,000 virus definitions and updates on a regular basis.

How does it Work?
WinPulse is a miniature web based PHP script that is able to identify the most up-to-date viruses in any file extension or website. It simply scans a file by using a cPanel based software program called ClamAV. Once you scan a file or website, the data will be sent to ClamAV which will scan the data and print out the results.

Why is it useful/better than a regular virus scanner?
A good question but we got some goods points:

Scanner On-The-Go
You can scan any file or website anytime when you are connected to the internet. WinPulse works on any browser that supports JavaScript and is able to scan a file on any platform. WinPulse can scan files up to 2MB and can scan any web page that is out there on the net.

Reliable
WinPulse can scan any extension that can contain or act like a virus and is able to scan any website at anytime. Not only that but WinPulse also has a virus database that has more than 625,000 virus definitions and updates on regular bases.

Simple & Smooth
The WinPulse design allows you to use WinPulse without a hassle and makes scanning files and websites quicker than ever! We have designed the website so that everyone should be able to scan a file or website without having any confusing or advertisement.

For more information about WinPulse please check the website http://winpulse.net out! Also feel free to follow us on twitter at http://twitter.com/WinPulse
The site looks messed up for me, I'm using Safari. But the idea is quite good!
Could you please tell me what is wrong, I know that we have encountered one bug that shows the yellow scan buttons 10px down on Chrome, Safari, and IE8.

If it is worse than that please attach a picture, also what is your screen size?
(2009-10-21, 03:28 AM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]The site looks messed up for me, I'm using Safari. But the idea is quite good!

Same. The buttons aren't aligned, one of the buttons look off in FF and the buttons look ugly in Opera. I don't know, I am iffy about the color choice.
As I said before the buttons may appear differently in different browsers, it will be fixed in in 0.2R which will be released in 1-2 days.
It all looks messed up in my Safari, Firefox and Opera. I don't know if that's how it's supposed to look, and if that's the case, you should arrange it.

Also, I think you should make the banner saying the site requires javascript into a <noscript> block, it's confusing how it shows up when I do have JS enabled.
Thanks for the tip and I will work on that, between it isn't how it is suppose to look but I am working on a quick fix for it, will be probably fixed today.

[attachment=15732]
Sounds cool but you should do like http://virusscan.jotti.org, so you can get results from other "anti viruses" aswell, since clamAV doesn't have things that other does Smile
Good luck with your service, finally someone post something good on this forum.
Thanks a lot!, yea I will probably in the future but remember this is just a 0.1 version.
(2009-10-22, 07:59 PM)2KH Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds cool but you should do like http://virusscan.jotti.org, so you can get results from other "anti viruses" aswell, since clamAV doesn't have things that other does Smile
Good luck with your service, finally someone post something good on this forum.

* Lo. 's Jaw Drops....

Amazing.

And good service. But i can't seem to scan a few sites. I'll try again soon and see if i can the errors.
Pages: 1 2