MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Has anyone else ever had problems with PMs not being received properly?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Every so often one fails, like it will be received but it's just a blank message. For some reason the old message that's being quoted and replied to is there, but the new part is just not there.

Does anyone know why this might happen? Most problems on my board have been ironed out, this is pretty much the last remaining one o.O

Any thoughts?

Elwave Smile
bump? ._.
I'll see if a dev can shed any light.
I'd see what others say, but the only way I can think of is it runs out of memory - the reason could be the php memory limit is too low, or the pm message is too large. The same problem happens with new replies that are over 100,000 characters. If there are no plugins that hook into the pm functions, then the only rational explaination is server limitations or the user simply isn't entering a message..
It is very strange - it seems to happen completely at random. The messages aren't particularly big and there is nothing unusual about them that I can see. I have had complaints about it but then I have also seen it happen myself when I've sent messages... I dunno o.O

oh EDIT -- I have plugins (quite a few) but none that are to do with PMs I don't think..
A bad mycode could also cause the eating of a post, yes? Or a plugin that messes with mycodes I know can. I've done that to myself Wink
If there's plugins or MyCode that interrupt the parser, then I guess that's possible. Without any accurate details or a method to reproduce there isn't much we can do.

You could try disabling some plugins to see what the effect is. Perhaps do some comparisons in phpMyAdmin; for example, is it the same users affected over and over again, or the same MyCode is used etc.
hmm! Would anyone be willing to take a look at it? As a warning though the forum deals with.. a slightly niche topic (it's not really bad dw! But it's a little adult, and a little unusual Smile )
sorry to bug people again lol, but just wondering if anyone is interested in helping with this one on the site Smile
Did you do the comparisons in phpMyAdmin? It would be handy to know if the data is in the database and it's the parser that has the problem - or the physical data doesn't exist (which means there's a problem with it sending)...
Pages: 1 2 3