MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A secondhand man?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
And only for specific groups Wink
oooh, you got me brainstorming now Big Grin

Howz about creating a workspace system similar to Huddle? that, frankly would be awesome Big Grin And rather easy to implement too! just a minor downloads manager limiting certain files to specific usergroups and some form of auto group and forum category creation :p
(2009-10-28, 04:31 AM)Buttons Wrote: [ -> ]I do agree the wiki plugins a better idea, but it's a personal concept, perhaps a mod to that to allow usergroups to edit that usergroups threads only might better Big Grin

What you are proposing is going to be chaos. Do you really want people to edit other peoples posts? I would NEVER want to allow anyone else to edit my posts. There are so many problems conceptually with this.
(2009-10-28, 04:33 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-28, 04:31 AM)Buttons Wrote: [ -> ]I do agree the wiki plugins a better idea, but it's a personal concept, perhaps a mod to that to allow usergroups to edit that usergroups threads only might better Big Grin

What you are proposing is going to be chaos. Do you really want people to edit other peoples posts? I would NEVER want to allow anyone else to edit my posts. There are so many problems conceptually with this.

I mean a voluntary ability to join a usergroup that could collaborate on projects etc Wink and it's not a question of whether you would want YOUR posts edited, it's a question of whether it's a viable project!
There is no reason collaboration can't be done via existing threads and posts. I don't see the need to edit another persons post to "collaborate".

Seems to me there is some backward use you want for RPGs and other game threads. My view is that allowing others to edit someone post will end in disaster as people will return to see changes they do not like. Then their content is gone. The method used not ensures security for content. What you want is going to create problems even if you don't see it yet.
(2009-10-28, 04:50 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]There is no reason collaboration can't be done via existing threads and posts. I don't see the need to edit another persons post to "collaborate".

Seems to me there is some backward use you want for RPGs and other game threads. My view is that allowing others to edit someone post will end in disaster as people will return to see changes they do not like. Then their content is gone. The method used not ensures security for content. What you want is going to create problems even if you don't see it yet.

Your missing the concept http://www.huddle.net/what-is-huddle/ like that, but a. free and b. more open.
I guess you haven't see MyTracker yet.

http://mods.mybboard.net/view/bug-tracker

If you're talking project management that's very different. And again...I don't see the need to edit someone elses post. If you want a wiki type forum I suggest instead you start a wiki.
(2009-10-28, 04:53 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I guess you haven't see MyTracker yet.

http://mods.mybboard.net/view/bug-tracker

If you're talking project management that's very different. And again...I don't see the need to edit someone elses post. If you want a wiki type forum I suggest instead you start a wiki.

I'm not suggesting a bug tracker, or a wiki, I'm suggesting a minor mod that enhances and adds more project collaboration! Please, actually look at what i linked you to properly Smile
I gave you my view based on the information provided. Good luck to you.
Pages: 1 2