MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Weird bug after deleting threads.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For some reason (that i haven't figured out yet) if a thread gets deleted the threads per page for guests change. I first thought it was the trash can mod, but disabling and recounting doesn't work to make it go away. Members don't have this problem.

The problem seems to correct itself over time, but is rather annoying when you had to delete a lot of threads at once.

Anyone have any ideas??
Ah, a few people have said this has happened but they've not mentioned deleting threads, now we have something to go on... will have a test.
(2009-10-22, 09:43 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, a few people have said this has happened but they've not mentioned deleting threads, now we have something to go on... will have a test.

Hope it will have some result. I tried hardcoding it into every 'tpp' or 'threadsperpage' variable i could find.. but no luck so far.

If you need admin access to my forum let me know!
I hope a "bump" is ok...
It's really a bit of a problem on my forum because we regularly have to delete threads. Hope someone can help?
I've tried to reproduce this but haven't been able to. How are you deleting threads, by clicking the delete button in the first post, from the moderation options at the bottom of a thread, or from the forum display??
(2009-10-25, 10:34 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried to reproduce this but haven't been able to. How are you deleting threads, by clicking the delete button in the first post, from the moderation options at the bottom of a thread, or from the forum display??

It started happening after i had to delete 2 x 14 threads. That i did from the Inline Thread Moderation: on forumdisplay. I mostly delete threads by deleting the first post tho. I am not sure how my mods delete them.

You can see it here http://lunaticoutpost.com

Logged in members see the 36 i have set in admin....
I allready told that a 1000 times.
I have this problem for over 1.5 year.
(2009-10-26, 07:12 AM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]I allready told that a 1000 times.
I have this problem for over 1.5 year.

Good to hear i am not the only one (not that it helps much though.)

It is a really weird bug. I didn't had any deletions today, yet the amount of threads for guests is less than it was this morning.

I am totally at loss here.....

ETA: As you can see, page 2 looks like it should.
The problem I have is.
When I delete a thread with more as one post it goes to the Trash Can folder.
When I delete it from the Trash Can folder for example 1 thread with 7 post then the Trash Can folder shows 0 thread 1 post.
When I look in this folder then it is empty.
The problems this gave with the forum is when there is a thread with 21 post, this post is not on the 3th page but on the 2nd page.
I also tried this without use Trash Can but that the same.

When I use the complete Rebuild and Recount function the Trash Can folder is normal is all counting of post are gone there.
I saw there was a plugin for auto recount and rebuild but that does not work on my forum.
The designer said it must work, so nothing to do.
I allready have this problem since 1.2 so count for howlong.
Spinning, that sounds like a problem with your specific version of MyBB. Some of the largest forums running MyBB would have noticed this a lot sooner if there was a general issue with the software. (Not saying there isn't, but it should have popped up by now with proper reproduce instructions).

Disturbed, do you too have the trash can plugin?
Pages: 1 2