MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question regarding 2 mybb forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have never used the merge system, so before I do, I'd just like to ask a few questions:
1. Does everything get merged or can you just merge posts, members or which ever you want.
2. What happens if you have duplicate members...same members on both boards.
3. Same as #2, but duplicate threads/forums
Umm you don't have merge everything but you have to do the first couple as others rely on them (like users and stuff).

It will try to merge the duplicate accounts where it can but otherwise it will change the username of one.

I don't know about forums or threads but I would imaging that's impossible as there are to many variables.
Ok:
Users:
If they have the same username and email, they merge automatically.
If they have the same username and a different email, it renames them in this manner: Username_ForumImportingFrom_UID, example: Dylan_SMF_11

As far as importing just bits and pieces, YES you can. Within the limits of the prerequisites.

I'm guessing that duplicate forums/threads are going to end up duped. But I'm not 100% sure on this.
Yeah, it depends, some modules require other modules to be run. For instance, posts can't be imported if threads haven't, threads can't be imported if forums haven't, etc.
Ok...thanks everyone.
I
think I'll give it a whirl on two test forums first...just to familiarize myself with it.
(2009-10-22, 10:37 PM)Gordie Wrote: [ -> ]Ok...thanks everyone.
I
think I'll give it a whirl on two test forums first...just to familiarize myself with it.

Always a good idea. And of course, before merging live always make sure you back up your dbs just in case anything goes wrong.