MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMF -> MyBB forums not showing up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am in the process of converting SMF to myBB (http://www.dragonmount.com:8880/forums/index.php)

The forums and the forum permissions are showing up in the database but they aren't showing up on the index page or in the forum admin area. I just get the standard two things My Category and My Forum. I KNOW that they are in the database, as I see them. The users were transferred over correctly.

Any idea why the forums wouldn't be showing up in the admin area. Permissions I can understand not working right as it didn't bring all the users over into all their usergroups so there is an issue there. but the admin area should show everything.

I've looked at the database and it looks comparable to the two existing ones. I see no major problems.

I've cleared my cache and that didn't help matters either. I'm not sure what's going on. And I can't find any help here.
never mind I got it worked out rebuilt the cache insystem. I suppose it's cause I'm doing this in steps it wasn't done.
They don't show up until you either run the cleanup on the board, OR go to the forums page in the admin cp and click the save button (you don't have to change anything)

If neither of those fixes it, its something else.
rebuilding the cache brought up all the forums lol Thanks tho I will keep that in mind when I have to do this for real.
That works too Wink both the converter cleanup and saving the forums forces a cache rebuild too. I forgot MyBB has a cache rebuild function in the tools. I've not had to use it yet.