MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't login after closing board...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I changed my board to maintenence mode and then logged out (I wanted to see the message).

Now it won't let me access to login screen so I can get back in.

What can I do?
The Admin CP login is separate from the main board login, so just go directly to the address of your Admin CP. Unless you changed it, the directory is called "admin", so add "/admin/" to the address of your board. Smile
Could I savely rename the /admin/ Folder? Stupid question, sorry, but it isn't answered here in the Forum (used the search function).

I guess it is, because there are no links to the admin center, but I'm not sure ... would be safer to do so, isn't it?

FraGe
FraGe Wrote:Could I safely rename the /admin/ Folder? Stupid question, sorry, but it isn't answered here in the Forum (used the search function).
Yes, you can safely rename it, as long as you edit inc/config.php and change $config['admindir'] to the new name.

I strongly recommend renaming your admin dir for better security. Smile
thank you, for me it was too late to check this, but I'm nearly sure, I read something about this before - but I guess, there are other Admins interested too Big Grin

thx,
FraGe