MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: need help deleting user group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi there i made a custom user group called members

wher after 2 post user where up graded to this group but i could not get it

working the way i wanted so i disabled the group now every time some one registers to my froum it is trying to put them in the admin group and not the

registered group is there a way to make them go into the registered group as default on sign up in stead of admin group

also is my forum was mysite.com/forum

but now its mysite.com

but the activate link say mysite.com/forum and that link does not work is they away to change that

tia

jet
A link to the actual site would help...
i there i am sorry but at the min i am not going to post links to my site as when people are joining forum it is putting in admin group and for security reasons posting link to forum would not be a good idea. soz about that i just need to know how to make users go into registers group when joining and not admin group

tia

jet
CAn you PM me a link, I think you might have some of the settings or group ID's messed up.
It wouldn't be putting them in the admin group unless you edited the code or have a plugin. Do you have the default profile plugin?? make sure admin isn't one of the groups in the settings for that.
only plugin i have installed is Posts Required To View Forums

i have disabled it till i sort this out

cheers

jet
So when people register, they're put in the admin group?? There's no way it's doing that by default. Is it changing their primary group or giving them an additional group?? Are you sure you don't just have a group promotion active still??
Go to Users & Groups, click on Registered Group, and see if they are Admins, or Registered Users, or whatever.
i disabled group promotion but before i did it was set to this which i was trying to do but it did not

work http://community.mybboard.net/thread-58421.html

tia

jet
solved