MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help. Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today we have had some rather major problems and I wonder if anyone could help.

Earlier today our host had some downtime (about an hour ). When it came back online our forum was running fine. It was not until someone tried to access the games section that we had major issues.

*We had this error shown:
*MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1 - Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_e51_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13)
Query:
SELECT DISTINCT g.gid, g.title, g.name, g.description, g.played, g.lastplayed, g.lastplayedby, g.rating, g.numratings, g.dateline, c.username, c.score, f.fid, r.rid, s.score AS pscore, u.username AS lastplayedusername FROM mybb_games g LEFT JOIN mybb_games_champions c ON (g.gid=c.gid) LEFT JOIN mybb_games_favourites f ON (g.gid=f.gid AND f.uid='4') LEFT JOIN mybb_games_rating r ON (g.gid=r.gid AND r.uid='4') LEFT JOIN mybb_games_scores s ON (g.gid=s.gid AND s.uid='4') LEFT JOIN mybb_users u ON (g.lastplayedby=u.uid) WHERE g.active='1' GROUP BY g.gid ORDER BY g.title ASC LIMIT 0,20

Had a look in the admin cp and found more problems. When trying to look at the configuration page in the admin cp, this error turned up:
*MyBB SQL Error

SQL Error:
Query:
SELECT g.*, COUNT(s.sid) AS settingcount FROM mybb_settinggroups g LEFT JOIN mybb_settings s ON (s.gid=g.gid) GROUP BY g.gid ORDER BY g.disporder

We have tried several things after looking on various forums. First we tried to repair the database tables in myphpadmin. When this had no effect, we tried to check and see if there were any issues with plugins.

When clicking the plugin page in the admin cp, it turned up with a blank page. Seeing that another user had resolved a similar issue by deleting their recently installed plugins, we tried the same. When this had no effect, we tried removing all plugins physically from the server itself
*This had no effect either.

One of the admins tried editing the settings.php file itself to try and temporarily close the forum so we could work on it- but this has had no effect. The settings file exists on the server, but it looks like the forum refuses to read it.

Also, when trying to run a backup, this error occurs: MyBB SQL Error

SQL Error:
Query:
SHOW FIELDS FROM exploits

thankfully we have another recent backup, so this isnt a huge problem.

I think it looks like a full reinstall might be in order at this rate, unless someone can offer any other suggestions. I am stumped at this point.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can offer any advice or solutions, or anyone who has an idea what has gone wrong here.
I haven't seen this error before, but I would contact your host because it looks like a permissions problem.
Also try and use more descriptive thread titles, I think we can see you need help if you're posting here Smile
Had a similar problem on a sandbox install of mybb I have on a local server. Turned out to be a permissions problem on the /tmp directory. I have no idea how the permissions got screwed as I never touched them, only thing I can remember doing was updating some packages through update manager, I guess something messed it up.

Unfortunately, its not something you can do from your end, you'll have to get in touch with your host and ask them to correct the permissions on the /tmp directory of the server.

FYI:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/c...reate.html

Error code 13 is permission denied error:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/perror.html
Thanks for the replies. It seems that yes it was a host problem and it has now been resolved. It certainly beats a full reinstall!

Thanks G33K for the link showing what Error code 13 means, that will prove useful should it appear again.